Monday, January 25, 2010

James Mitchell Of 'All My Children' Dies



James Mitchell appeared on classic soap for three decades.

James Mitchell of All My Children died Friday night at age 89. Mitchell played the character Palmer Cortlandt, and he appeared on All My Children's 40th anniversary episode in early January. We have the details of James Mitchell's death here.

James Mitchell died Friday from complications due to pneumonia and a history of heart disease. His cause of death has been listed as "chronic obstructive pulmonary disease complicated by pneumonia," according to one source.

Mitchell's All My Children role of Palmer Cortlandt saw him as the patriarch of the affluent Cortlandt family. Mitchell was also known to have starred in many classic Broadway productions, such as Brigadoon and Oklahoma! (Of his Oklahoma audition Mitchell once said, "Well, I really hadn't too much familiarity with that but I threw myself across the floor and about the third or fourth pass, [the choreographer, Agnes de Mille] cried 'Stop' and summoned me over and said 'Where on earth did you get your dance training?'") He was also a professional dancer.

James Mitchell was a native of Sacramento, California. Mitchell leaves behind his All My Children cast (he was an actor on All My Children from 1970 until 2010), but it's said a funeral episode is behind held for him. The last episode on which he appeared was the January 5, 2010 40th anniversary episode.

Eighty-nine-year-old James Mitchell is survived by his longtime partner, Academy Award-winning costume designer Albert Wolsky (Revolutionary Road).

Meanwhile there's another shocker in quasi-soap opera television: Rob Lowe is leaving ABC's Brother's & Sisters!

Source : http://www.limelife.com/blog-entry/James-Mitchell-Of-All-My-Children-Dies/32409.html

No comments:

Post a Comment